The main areas of research and group leaders are
- Structural Dynamics (Dr P. Lestuzzi)
- Applied computing (Prof. I. Smith)
- Active structures (Prof. I. Smith)
There are no rigid boundaries between groups; they signify only centres of competence. Several existing projects already include methods and techniques of more than one group. Many other synergies are expected in the future.
- Promote analytic and intuitive understanding of the mechanical behavior of structures.
- Demonstrate appropriate applications of information technology to young students.
- Provide courses and documentation on structural monitoring technology, computer aided engineering and structural dynamics to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Offer courses at postgraduate levels on advanced informatics and communication for research engineers
IMAC activity report
New configuration of truss structures through new numerical modeling and optimization method
Developing methods to obtain optimal cross-section, topology, and geometry of trusses is an established field of research. However, due to nonlinearity and multi-objectivity of structural requirements, it is still difficult...
Kazuki Hayashi | Department of Architecture and Architectural Engineering | Kyoto University, Japan
Place and room: GC G1 515
Category: Conferences - Seminars