The Posts window provides information about the posts on the site. Thus it is possible to see at a glance how many posts are on the site and how many of them are online, in draft mode or were created by you. WordPress also provides tools for sorting, filtering and searching.
Sort the posts
By default, posts are displayed in reverse chronological order (the last published posts are displayed first).
To display the posts
- In alphabetical order: click on the word Title in the column heading
- In reverse chronological order: click once on the word Date in the column heading
- In chronological order: click once on the word Date
- Which have a comment first: click a second time on the comments icon
- It is not possible to sort the articles by author, only to filter them.
- It is not possible to sort the articles by labels, only to filter them.
WordPress allows you to filter posts according to different criteria.
To display only posts
- Currently online: Click on Published
- In draft mode: Click on Draft
- Deleted (but not permanently) : Click on Trash
- Published on certain dates: Select a month from the All dates drop-down menu and click on Filter
- By categories: Select a category from the All Categories drop-down menu and click on Filter
- Articles by author: Click on the author’s name in the Author column
Note: it is possible to combine filters (e.g. by month and by category)
Remove the filters
- Click on All
As the name implies, Bulk Actions are actions that you can perform simultaneously on several posts.
- Use filter tools if necessary
- Check the boxes next to the posts
- Choose Edit
- Click Apply
- Make the necessary changes
- Click Update
Move to trash
- Check the boxes of the posts you want to delete (use the filters if necessary)
- Click on Move to trash
- Click Apply