- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
- Updated on 2020.05.06 at 9AM
EPFL Library and the Rolex Learning Center are closed to the public until further notice.
Document loan for EPFL members
• Free mailing of collection documents: each EPFL member can request the delivery of 3 documents (only from the Library collection, no inter-library loan) free of charge at home (only in Switzerland). This service is available for a maximum of 3 books per reader during the confinement period.
• Free mailing of printed standards: each EPFL member can ask for on-demand printed standards to be delivered free at home.
• Digitized articles and book chapters sent by email: the digitization of printed journal articles belonging to EPFL Library collection is possible again, and temporarily available to the entire EPFL community, including students. This service is exceptionally extended to textbooks of the Teaching Collection (references recommended by teachers): EPFL students may request the digitization of book chapters for the Teaching Collection while the Rolex Learning Center is closed.
Access to the collections
• Access to electronic collections (ebooks, online journals, databases, online press) is available remotely with the EPFL VPN client for EPFL members.
• Publishers made some scholarly content free during this “off campuses” period.
• Access to EPFL scientific publications is available via the institutional archive Infoscience.
• The online EPFL theses supply is maintained via the usual request form.
• Purchase and subscription proposals are possible via the usual request form.
Modified loan conditions
• Document loans and returns on site are suspended. The duration of all loans is automatically extended for the duration of the closure.
• Fines are suspended.
• Document reservations and orders from other libraries are no longer possible. Withdrawal of reserved documents is postponed until the date of reopening.
• Training sessions are organized remotely. Use the Book a Librarian platform to make a one-to-one remote appointment with a librarian.
• We are at the disposal of lecturers to provide documentation and course materials for your students.
• All other services are maintained remotely.
Any question? Need some information? Contact the Library team (mon-fri | 9AM-12PM | 2PM-5PM).
[email protected] | 021 693 21 56
A 4-year national agreement with publisher Elsevier
In the frame of the Swiss national strategy on Open Access, the first transformative agreement Read & Publish with the publisher Elsevier has been nationally negotiated by swissuniversities and signed by Swiss institutions for 4 years (2020-2023). EPFL affiliated authors can now publish in Open Access at no cost in more than 2,000 hybrid and fully Gold Open Access journals and have an unlimited access to Elsevier articles. Cell Press titles, the Lancet and some selected society journals are not included in the agreement.
COVID-19: publishers make online contents available
Discover a non-exhaustive list of useful resources, temporarily made freely available by publishers or already subscribed by the EPFL Library to support researchers, students and lecturers during this “off campuses” period.
Events and training
Code and data management in the open research context
With: EPFL Library Research Data Team
Place and room: TBD
Category: Internal trainings
With: EPFL Library Teaching Team
Place and room: Online via Zoom
Category: Internal trainings
Services for everyone
Need help with your documentary research? A question about citation? Do you need personal advice? Make an appointment with a librarian!
How to book, borrow, extend or return a document to EPFL or an other library.
The Library provides you with printed and electronic collections, accessible on site and remotely.