at the Library
We are at your disposal for any questions in the following fields:
- Research and publication: strategies for specialized search for information, management of bibliographic references, help with publishing, Open Access, copyright, plagiarism, intellectual property, management and dissemination of research data.
- Support with teaching: the librarians use your bibliographies in order to provide the key books to students.
- Infoscience: using the EPFL institutional archive and contributing to it.
- Training in information literacy: customised training, one-to-one or class-based, is organised on request.
- Lending and inter-library loan: books and journals of the SLSP network, and beyond.
The EPFL Library holds subscriptions to numerous databases, that enable to find various types of information, such as :
- references, articles or document references
- reference books, encyclopedias, dictionaries
- Scopus : Search for articles in the fields of sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities
- Web of Science : Search for articles in the fields of sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS): ProQuest – Arts and humanities database, PsycArticles, etc.
- Europeana : European digital libraries incl. Gallica
- e-rara : Catalogue of digitized printed books – 15th – 20th centuries, Swiss libraries holdings and collections.
- ERIC : Education Resources Information Center, bibliographic database specialized in education sciences. Some documents are available in full text.
- e-periodica : ETH-Bibliothek’s plateform of digitized Swiss journals in the fields of science and culture from the 18th century onwards
- HEDBIB : International Bibliographic Database on Higher Education, about systems, administration, planification, policies, and assessment of higher education
- InfoClio : Resources for historical sciences in Swizerland
- Swissbib : Catalogue of holdings of all the Swiss libraries – academic, national, cantonal, etc.
The journals collection in humanities and social sciences provides access to printed and electronic versions. If you are looking for a specific title just search for it in BEAST catalog. You will also find all the details on our subscriptions available from the Sciences et Société area (see the Library map) and from the library basement. For a thematic search or browse through our e-journals collections just use Browzine.
- CAIRN.info over 470 journals (in French)
- PERSEE over 741’000 scientific references (journals, books, proceedings, etc., in French) in the fields of HSS as well as Earth and Environmental Sciences
- OpenEdition over 5’300 ebooks (in French)
- JSTOR over 10 millions references (in English) in 75 disciplinary areas
- ETH Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences
- Ladhul Laboratoire de cultures et humanités digitales de l’Université de Lausanne
- ASSH Swiss Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences, gathers 61 Swiss Scholary Associations
- Administration fédérale Swiss federal administration portal containing news, publications, facts and figues, etc.
- Diplomatic Documents of Switzerland (Dodis)
- Bibliothèque nationale suisse / Swiss National Library « Everything about Swizerland » – is the moto of the National Library
- Canton de Vaud Provide access to the legislation of the Canton of Vaud and to cantonal statistics