at the Library
The Library and its services are at your disposal. Here you will find the current information from the Library in these fields: acquisitions, training, resources and tools.
- Research and publication: strategies for specialised search for information, management of bibliographic references, help with publishing, Open Access, copyright, plagiarism, intellectual property, evaluation of research (bibliometry), management and dissemination of research data.
- Support with teaching: the librarians use your bibliographies in order to provide the key books to students.
- Infoscience: utilising and contributing to the EPFL institutional archive.
Other services are available:
Here are the databases to which the EPFL Library subscribes in the fields of economics and finance. You will also find information on patent databases, as well as on multidisciplinary databases.
All the information useful for locating books and journals is available below, whether you are looking for printed or electronic versions.
- NBER Working Papers contain the results of research by the National Bureau of Economic Research which have not yet been validated by the Board of Directors. They are however made available to other economists to encourage discussion and suggestions for revision before publication.
- Econlit contains more than a million references dating from 1886 to the present day. This database offered by the American Economic Association constitutes a reliable resource for searching for references and abstracts in the field of economics.
The following resources enable you to find financial data from the WRDS platform. If you are a new user (only with @epfl.ch domain name), you must apply for a new account on the WRDS website.
- Compustat provides financial and commercial data on more than 24,000 companies.
- CRSP brings together different financial values for the NYSE, AMEX and Nasdaq stock exchanges.
- Dow Jones provides inter alia Dow Jones averages.
- IBES (International Brokers Estimates System) provides detailed forecasts including earnings per share, cash flow, long-term projections as well as recommendations for the stock exchange.
- NYSE Trade and Quote (TAQ) provides market data and estimates for securities listed on the New York Stock Exchange, American Stock Exchange, Nasdaq National Market System and SmallCap. TAQ also provides historical data on all shares on NYSE since 1993.
- EspaceNet offers access free of charge to more than 80 million international patents from 1836 to the present day.
- WIPO: its Patentscope search tool allows you to search among 2 million international patents (11 million documents including requests from national offices)
For further information, visit our dedicated patent page.
- Web of Science contains references to articles in different fields and allows one to obtain information on the citation of the articles.
- Scopus contains references to articles on science, social sciences, arts and humanities and allows one to obtain information on the citation of the articles.
- Engineering Village contains references to articles in all the engineering fields.
The Library offers two eBook packages as well as individual titles and printed books:
- Springer – Economics Collection
- Springer – Business and Management Collection
- MIT Press Scholarship Online – Economics and Finance (2013-2018)
Location of physical books
- Most of the printed books in your field are housed in the Sciences et Société (Science and Society) area, by call numbers 005 – Management and 330 – Economics.
- Financial mathematics are housed in the Mathematics area, by call number 90
- Older books are at your disposal in the Basement.
The library provides you with reference books on management and on finance.
- Encyclopedia of Technology and Innovation Management / edited by V.K. Narayanan and Gina Colarelli O’Connor. — Wiley
- Encyclopedic Dictionary of International Finance and Banking / Jae K. Shim and Michael Constas. — St. Lucie Press
- Encyclopedia of Financial Models / Frank J. Fabozzi, editor. — Wiley
- The Library offers two clusters of specialised electronic journals: The American Economic Association Library
- The seven titles published by the Association are available in full text: Emerald Management
- More than 120 electronic journals in various fields: international commerce, marketing, accounting, finance, quality management, strategy, logistics and performance management.
If you need a particular title, look for it in BEAST. You will also find there all the information on our printed subscriptions (The Economist, Forbes …) available in the Sciences and Société (Science and Society) area. You can also refer to the electronic A-Z list of electronic journals and use the sorting by category and subcategory.
A wealth of information on companies, the world of work, industries, business management etc… is available on the Internet. Here are some links selected for you by your liaison librarian.
- Business information resources a selection of links for finding information on companies and some sectors of industry, financial and annual reports, statistics…
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) a wealth of interesting information on the economy: statistics, data on countries, articles, presentations…
- OpenCorporates the biggest open database on companies. Provides access to information on companies as well as government data that impact the corporate world: governance, lobbying, credit risk…
- Open data for Africa economic information and statistics on the countries of the African continent.
- Academy of Asian Business (ABB) association based in Korea whose publication Academy of Asian Business Review contains freely accessible business case studies and consumer studies.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) information on countries, data and statistics, videos and publications available free of charge online.
- International Labour Organisation (ILO) reports, statistics and free videos on employment in the world and its regulations.
- Open Knowledge Repository (OKR) the open archive of the World Bank is an indispensable source of expertise on development: books, journals, technical reports, economic studies and preprints.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC): freely accessible reports on their various sectors of activity.
- Boston Consulting Group (BCG): open publications on current economic topics, analyst reports.
- World Bank : access to World Bank’s publication about developments in various industry sectors.
- Deloitte Insights : access articles published by this consulting group and focusing on the latest developments impacting the industry.
- KPMG Insights : access white papers by this consulting group on current trends influencing the global market.
Testez vos idées business. David J. Bland; Alexander Osterwalder; Alan Smith; Trish Papadakos; Laurence Nicolaieff. [Montreuil (Seine-Saint-Denis)]: Pearson, 2020. [Print]
Reforming China's capital market: the future development path. Xiaoqiu Wu. Enrich Professional Publishing, 2018. [Online]
Economic Reforms and Development in China. Siwei Cheng; Simon Sui. Enrich Professional Publishing, 2011. [Online]
See more in BEAST: