at the Library
The Library and its services are at the disposal of the EPFL students, lecturers and researchers, as well as interested members of the public. This page is dedicated to the services for the Engineering Faculty.
The Library can also advise you on the following topics:
- Scientific publications
- Open Access (Gold and Green)
- Financial support to Gold OA
- Infoscience services management (Green OA)
- Research data
- Text and Data Mining
The Library provides specific customised training, one-to-one or class-based.
- Presentation of the services to the teaching/research staff and to students
- Training modules on the advanced search for information, citation, information management tools, publication of articles and data
All the documents, printed or electronic, are accessible via the BEAST catalogue.
- Teaching collection (behind the main reception): basic-level books (Bachelor and Master’s level) recommended by the teachers.
- Research collection (in the Sciences et Techniques (Science and Technology) hall): advanced-level books (Master’s, PhD students, researchers)
Online access is open to all on-site (look up the Library computers). Remote access is reserved for EPFL members from an EPFL workstation, or via the VPN by way of authentification from a private computer.
The library offers a large number of specialised books accessible online. Here are some of the editors you can find :
The collection of periodicals in Science and Engineering Technology includes printed journals and journals in electronic format, which can be searched, by title, in the BEAST catalogue of the Library. Most of the journals are in electronic format. Some examples of available e-journals:
- International Journal of Mechanical Sciences
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Circuits, Systems, and Signal Processing (CSSP)
- International Journal of Electronics
- Microelectronics Journal
- Advanced Engineering Materials Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics
It is also possible to search the electronic periodicals to which the Library subscribes directly here.
- Engineering Village : References to literature on engineering (electrical engineering, electronics, microtechnology, computer science, physics etc.)
- Springer Materials : Materials science, physical science and engineering
- IEEE-Xplore : Publications of the IEE and the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and Institution of Electrical Engineers)
- Techniques de l’ingénieur : Encyclopaedia, scientific and technical articles in French
- ProQuest : Materials science related full-text articles, granular access to millions of figures and tables within articles, and the entire range of bibliographic records from the Materials Reasearch Database
- SciFinder : Web and software access to Chemical Abstracts, CAS Registry (chemical compounds), CASREACT (reactions), Chemcats (catalogues of suppliers), Chemlist (toxicological and environmental data) and Medline
- The EPFL Library has electronic access to the SIA, VSS, ISO, ASTM and IEEE standards, German standards (DIN), European (EN) and IEC.
- The Library is of service to you in the area of patent research.
Feel free to contact the Transfer Technology Office (TTO) at EPFL, whose mission is to manage the intellectual property arising from research, evaluate new inventions, negotiate and approve research contracts with industrial partners, license our technology and support the creation of start-ups.