Since January 2016, EPFL authors publishing a paper, a book, a book chapter or a proceedings in Gold Open Access may benefit from a financial support. This funding from the EPFL Library can be achieved by means of either a partial reimbursement of the Gold OA publication fees or special conditions negotiated with some publishers or journals.
Open Access fund
Reimbursement of 2/3 of the APC (or BPC, or conference registration fees), with a maximum of CHF 2,500 per publication.
- On a first come, first served basis (based on the acceptance date of the publication) until the fund has been used up;
- Pure Gold OA publications immediately available online without restrictions at the time of publication or conference;
- Formal proceedings in a reputable peer-reviewed research venue;
- Publications or journals listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) or members of the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA) or the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE);
- No co-financing for hybrid publications;
- Reimbursements limited to 2 publications per lab annually;
- Funds specifically dedicated for Gold OA fees (grants, contracts, etc.) must be used first;
- APCs of publications published in December can be reimbursed until the end of January of the next year;
Specific agreements with publishers
Full APC funding
Free publication in Open Access in the following titles: Annual Review of Cancer Biology, Annual Review of Environment and Resources, Annual Review of Nuclear and Particle Science, Annual Review of Political Science, and Annual Review of Public Health.
Publication fees in Cogitatio journals fully covered by the Library
Free publication under Gold OA in all ECS journals.
APCs of EPFL authors (the corresponding author must be affiliated to EPFL) in PLoS journals are fully and directly covered by the Library.
Discounts on APCs
APCs in ACS journals benefit is reduced with $250 for EPFL authors. An additional discount of $500 applies if the author is an ACS member.
Discount of 15% on all Frontiers journals.
10% discount on APCs in MDPI journals.
25% discount on APCs in the Gold OA journalProceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA.
10% discount on APCs in the Gold OA journal Science Advances. An additional 4% discount for AAAS members applies.