Detailed information about measures at EPFL Library during the sanitary crisis is updated on go.epfl.ch/coronavirus-library.
What is a liaison librarian?
Liaison librarians are your privileged contacts in your disciplinary field. They ensure that the services and collections of the Library respond to your needs whether you are students, lecturers or researchers. They can offer you or put in place for you:
- Assistance with your study, teaching or research activities, from when you arrive at EPFL, for any questions in relation to the services and to the documentary services offered by the Library
- Training in specific documentary resources, on searching for information
- Help with publishing (Open Access publishing, intellectual property and publishing contracts), and advice on lending visibility to your research work
- Assistance with contributing to the institutional archive, Infoscience
- Collaboration on developing information literacy skills (management of library resources, research strategy and information analysis) within the training curriculum
- Assistance with putting in place a Data Management Plan (DMP) for your research projects and programmes.
ACOUA: A new archive for preservation of research data
ACOUA (Academic Output Archive) is the new institutional archive for long-term preservation of research data produced by EPFL, ensuring integrity of your datasets over time.
New subscription to Heidi.news
The Library expands its online press offer and gives access to the swiss media Heidi.news everywhere on campus, and remotely for EPFL members (access via VPN).