at the Library
The Library and its services are at the disposal of the EPFL students, lecturers and researchers, as well as interested members of the public. This page is dedicated to the services for the Civil Engineering Section (ENAC Faculty).
The Library provides specific customised training, one-to-one or class-based
- Presentation of the services to the teaching/research staff and to students
- Modules on the advanced search for information, citation, information management tools
The Library, via Infoscience, provides support for posting EPFL publications online
- Help with importing publications
- On-site training (laboratories, administration offices) for familiarising oneself with Infoscience
- Help with exporting data to a personal page, a laboratory page
The Library can also advise you on the following topics:
Several copies of the books dedicated to teaching are systematically bought with, if possible, access to the online version. We strongly urge you to notify us of any new references to course material.
Civil Engineering treatises online :
- Analyse des structures et milieux continus (vol. 3)
- Structures en barres et poutres (vol. 4)
- Analyse des structures et milieux continus : Coques (vol. 5)
- Méthodes des éléments finis (vol. 6)
- Construction métallique (vol. 10)
- Charpentes métalliques (vol. 11)
- Ponts en acier (vol. 12)
- Construction en bois (vol. 13)
- Hydrodynamique : Une introduction (vol. 14)
- Constructions hydrauliques (vol. 15)
- Les barrages (vol. 17)
- Mécaniques des sols et des roches (vol. 18)
- Systèmes énergétiques (vol. 21)
- Etude d’impact sur l’environnement (vol. 23)
Books at a more in-depth level supplement this collection. Some publishers’ packages are also available online:
- Beton Kalender (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Books edited by Springer since 2005 in Civil Engineering (more than 500 titles accessible)
Dictionaries and Encyclopeadias
- The Civil Engineering Handbook / edited by W.F. Chen and J.Y. Richard Liew — CRC Press
- Multilingual Dictionary / EPFL/ICOM. EPFL/ICOM database
- Introduction to Design for Civil Engineers / R.S. Narayanan and A.W. Beeby — E and FN Spon
- Techniques de l’ingénieur. Encyclopaedia covering all the fields of engineering.
- ENAC employees: an online version is accessible on demand for ENAC staff: http://enacvm.epfl.ch/Soft/Sia
- ENAC students: order by email to [email protected] (printing costs CHF 0.10/page). Delivery of the standard in less than a week.
Eurocodes are European standards for design and sizing of building structures, and civil engineering structures. There are 60 Eurocodes, grouped into 10 families:
- Eurocode 0: Basis of structural design (EN 1990)
- Eurocode 1: Actions on structures (EN 1991)
- Eurocode 2: Design of concrete structures (EN 1992)
- Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures (EN 1993)
- Eurocode 4: Design of composite steel and concrete structures (EN 1994)
- Eurocode 5: Design of timber structures (EN 1995)
- Eurocode 6: Design of masonry structures (EN 1996)
- Eurocode 7: Geotechnical design (EN 1997)
- Eurocode 8: Design of structures for earthquake resistance (EN 1998)
- Eurocode 9: Design of aluminium structures (EN 1999)
- Civil Engineering Database (CEDB). Search for articles in all the publications of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
- ENAC / IBETON. Bibliographic database of articles in the field of structures.
- Engineering Village: COMPENDEX + INSPEC. Find articles in all the fields of engineering.
- TRID: Transport Research International Documentation. The largest online bibliographic database of transportation research.
- Scopus. Search for articles in science, social sciences, arts and humanities.
- Web of Science – WoS: Science Citation Index Expanded + Social Sciences Citation Index + Arts and Humanities Citation Index.