Following complaints, the Educational Affairs Department has taken restrictive measures regarding the distribution of messages through these lists. We therefore ask you to take note of the following decisions:
- those indispensable to students’ daily life or of an academic and/or institutional nature.
- either to all students in the same (bachelor or master) curriculum within their own School
- or to all bachelor and master students in their own Section.
- Personal messages (lost & found, apartments for rent, event advertisements…)
- Announcements for a public thesis defence (PhD students are kindly requested to use the generic mailing lists available for their Section or School to announce these events)
E-mails from student associations
Such advertisements are moderated by students of acknowledged associations. Once a week, an automatic extraction from the content of the association memento is set out by e-mail in chained characters to all students on campus, to keep them up-to-date on association news.
Associations acknowledged by the EPFL may also send one e-mail per semester via the [email protected] mailing list which reaches all EPFL students and PhD students. A jury of 5 (student) moderators checks the content. If 3 out of 5 jury members agree, the e-mail is released. If the jury rejects the message, the sender is informed of the reasons.
AGEPoly is in charge of coordinating moderation according to a dedicated charter.
- During the term, AGEPoly issues every three weeks a Newsletter to the students. Advertisements can be submitted to the AGEPoly communications officer.
- Student assistants may be recruited via the EPFL positions available website.
- AGEPoly issues a list of available student jobs: job openings may be advertised for free.
- An accommodation (offer and supply) list is available online.