EPFL laboratories and external users have access to various services provided by EPFL’s infrastructure, commonly known as “technology platforms”.
The full range of these infrastructures is available on the Research webpage https://www.epfl.ch/research/facilities/..
The most restrictive list of eligible platforms with a cost analysis is the following (their fee schedules are representative for all EPFL funders):
- The Center for Biomedical Imaging (CIBM)
- The Interdisciplinary Center for Electron Microscopy (CIME)
- The Center of MicroNanoTechnology (CMi)
- The Dubochet Center for Imaging (DCI)
- ENAC-IT 4 Research (ENAC-IT4R)
- The Storage services of the VPO-SI (SDDC)
- The computing resources and services (IC Cluster)
- The Institute of electrical and micro engineering (IEM)
- The Clean Rooms Facilities of IPHYS (IPHYS-SB)
- The Mass Spectrometry Facility (ISIC-MS)
- The Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Facility (ISIC-NMR)
- The X-Ray Diffraction Facility (ISIC-XRD)
- The Molecular and Hybrid Materials characterization Center (MHMC)
- The Center for Scientific IT and Application Support (SCITAS)
- The Swiss‐Norwegian Beamlines (SNBL)
- The computing resources and services (STI-IT)
- The animal housing facilities, Center of PhenoGenomics (SV-CPG)
- The BioImaging and Optics Core Facility (SV-PTBIOP)
- The Bioelectron Microscopy Core Facility (SV-PTBIOEM)
- The Biomolecular Screening Facility (SV-PTCB)
- The Flow Cytometry Core Facility (SV-PTCF)
- The Gene Expression Core Facility (SV-PTEG)
- The Histology Core Facility (SV-PTH)
- The Proteomics Core Facility (SV-PTP)
- The Protein production and structure core facility (SV-PTPSP)
- The Transgenesis Core Facility (SV-TCF)
- The Phenotyping unit (SV-UDP)
- The Technical Workshops Platform
Note that the unit rate charged by these platforms to EPFL laboratories is “U1”.
New rule established by the SNSF
Since 1 January 2019, all invoices related to the direct costs of all platforms (called “infrastructures” by the SNSF), submitted with financial reports to the SNSF, must contain details of the tariff structure broken down into “User fee 1 to 3: Direct costs, Other direct costs and Indirect costs”. From now on, the funder must be able to distinguish between chargeable/eligible costs (Direct costs) and non-chargeable costs (Other direct costs, Indirect costs) to attest to the plausibility of the tariff charged. The “Technology Platforms” must then provide a cost analysis in accordance with their guidelines.
What should I do if I receive an invoice for a service from an EPFL platform?
- Check the presence of the price list (available on the list of eligible platforms)
This detailed tariff structure must be attached to all invoices related to the use of the platforms and charged to an SNSF subsidy. Without this information, invoices will be considered non-eligible and rejected.
We recommend you to check with the platform to ensure that the services provided are eligible from an invoicing point of view.
- Fill in a summary of the invoice and attach it to the Sesame portal
When preparing their invoices, the platforms attach not only their price list but also the appendices specifying the category, quantity, unit price and user of the services offered.
Please send us your questions and suggestions at the following addresses:
Séverine Jaques: [email protected]
Tél. +41 21 69 38181
Amandine Missiliez: [email protected]
Tél. +41 21 69 36267