What are CRI’s conditions for repair?
Broken hardware is accepted for repair provided that they satisfy the following conditions:
- The device is EPFL’s property (yellow inventory label required)
- The device is under warranty (not sure? click here)
- Purchase date is no older than 6 years
- If the equipment is beyond three years (end of the standard warranty), repair services are upon the unit’s responsibility.
- If the equipment is beyond 6 years and depending on the repairing price, repair services are upon the unit’s responsibility.
A proof of purchase must be shown if the hardware has been purchased by another entity (as a mandate for ex) other that the Service Desk or the concerned IT department and is still under warranty.