The email and calendar integration provided by Exchange servers is increasingly necessary in the professional environment. Depending on the applications used to access emails, integration is automatic or requires the installation of additional modules.
The Exchange calendar, which is rather intranet-oriented, is integrated with the mail. It allows:
- Creation of meetings (with oneself) or meetings (with several participants and/or a room)
- Calendar delegation, in case another person has to manage your calendar
- Contact and task management,
- Synchronization with smartphones and other devices
- Access through :
- Web interface (ewa.epfl.ch)
- with Outlook (Windows and Mac)
- iCal (Mac) clients
If you use webmail, only the ewa.epfl.ch interface allows you to manage your calendar.