Access to EPFL intranet is restricted to EPFL Members.
- The students
- The staff
- All persons accredited with the right 'Intranet access'
Internet connection (DSL, cable or other) with a internet service provider.
- Follow the configuration instructions given in VPN clients installation.
- Once the VPN tunnel is established, the computer is connected to the EPFL network and all the traffic go through the EPFL.
- Disconnect the VPN connection when it’s no longer necessary.
Access is available from any workstation in the world, as long as establishing a VPN tunnel is permitted by the local internet service provider.
Whether it’s from a network:
- GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA/LTE of a telephone operator
- LAN internet
- WiFi (free or not)
Once the VPN tunnel is established, the computer is connected to the EPFL network and all traffic go through the EPFL. Disconnect the VPN connection when it’s no longer necessary.
You have to follow the local connection rules of the partner: WiFi network.
Authentication is identical as used at EPFL:
- [email protected]
- GASPAR password
To use SWITCHconnect you must:
- Be a registered user at an organisation that is already participating in SWITCHConnect.
- Be equipped with a VPN software client from your home organisation and be able to use its VPN gateway.
- Be equipped with a wireless network adapter.
- Connect your client (laptop, smartphone, tablet,etc.) to the WiFi network called public or public-institution.
- Start your VPN client and connect it to your home organisation. Afterwards, you can use the network as usual.