Access to EPFL intranet is restricted to EPFL Members.
- The students
- The staff
- All persons accredited with the right ‘Intranet access‘
Internet connection (DSL, cable or other) with a internet service provider.
- Follow the configuration instructions given in VPN clients installation.
- Once the VPN tunnel is established, the computer is connected to the EPFL network and all the traffic go through the EPFL.
- Disconnect the VPN connection when it’s no longer necessary.
Access is available from any workstation in the world, as long as establishing a VPN tunnel is permitted by the local internet service provider.
Whether it’s from a network:
- GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA/LTE of a telephone operator
- LAN internet
- WiFi (free or not)
Once the VPN tunnel is established, the computer is connected to the EPFL network and all traffic go through the EPFL. Disconnect the VPN connection when it’s no longer necessary.