Traffic analysis of your memento can be done using Google Analytics. This tool is not installed by default on the mementos, it is up to the local webmaster to provide it.
It is necessary to create a Google Analytics account to use it.
As Google regularly updates its products, we refer you to Google Analytics Help for creating, managing, and sharing accounts. Currently Google Analytics Anonymized is the only tracking tool approved at EPFL.
- Sign in to www.google.com/analytics.
- Create an account for your site following the instructions. The address of the website (url) to give is typically http://memento.epfl.ch/XX where XX is the acronym for your memento, e.g. http://memento.epfl.ch/enac
- Retrieve the identifier (ID) associated to this account: for example UA-12345678-1.
- Login to memento.epfl.ch
- Go to the menu ‘My mementos’ > ‘Get statistics’
- Check that the selected memento is the one on which you want to install the statistics tool.
- Paste the Google Analytics code.
- The code is valid for both languages.
No, only one account per site.
Yes. Thus, you can compare the popularity of events among several mementos.
A Google Analytics account is managed by the person who requested it. It is up to that person to add or remove access to the account.
The EPFL (or our team) offers NO support on Google, has no way of knowing who owns an account and can not add or remove access.