Possible actions on an announcement
Once your announcement is written and saved, you can modify it by going into “My event announcement” > “Modify my events”.
You can do the following actions to your announcement:
- Modify it.
- Cancel it (only for events that are already published). A banner appears on the event to say that it isn’t held anymore.
- Delete it (only for unpublished announcements).
- Check if its publishing request has been accepted and for which mementos.
Modify an announcement
A person who created an annoucement may change it at any time, even after its publication: these changes will be reflected everywhere (= on each memento) whereit has been accepted, and this without involving the various moderators.
In fact there is just one announcement, but that can be displayed in several places (in the same way that many television are broadcasting the same program).
How to announce an event that has been cancelled?
It is best to indicate that the event will not happen.
How to do so?
- Login to the memento.
- Choose “My events” > “Modify my event announcements”
- Click on “Cancel the event” relative to the announcement that you want to modify.
- Indicate why the event cannot take place.
- The event will be shown as cancelled on all the mementos where it is published.
How to recover a cancelled announcement?
- Choose “My events” > “Cancelled event announcements”.
- You can either recover you announcement or permanently delete it.