With WordPress it is not possible to restrict access to individual pages of a site.
If, however, you need pages or an entire site with restricted read access, you must submit a site request.
You will then get a new site with all the functionality of a standard site, but for which you can restrict read access to the group(s) of people of your choosing.
- The site will have an address of type https://inside.epfl.ch/mysite
- The read access applies to the whole site.
- Read access is granted to the group(s) of people of your choosing and must be specified in the administration interface.
(See below Granting access rights)
- By default, a site is accessible in read mode to the whole EPFL community
- The access rights to a site in edit mode have not changed and are still managed by Accred.
The creation and management of groups is available at https://groups.epfl.ch. You can find documentation on the help page (French only 🙁
Warning: Make sure that the LDAP and AD option is enabled, otherwise the group cannot be used with WordPress
Who can access ?
The table below shows the requirements for access to an inside site. Regardless of their status, people must belong to a group.
It is not possible to grant individual access.
|Outside of campus
|Personnel / Student
|Yes with VPN
|Hôte / EHE
|Yes with GASPAR account
|Yes with GASPAR account and VPN (under conditions)
Granting access right
- In the Main Navigation Menu, mouse over Settings and then Intranet settings
- To limit reading access to the entire EPFL, leave the field blank
- To limit reading access to one or more groups, enter the name of each group separated by a comma, no space
- Click on Save changes