The moderator’s role
Creating a memento for one’s unit implies the management of the submitted announcements by the person in charge. Indeed, each person at EPFL can suggest an announcement, but it is the moderator who ensures the memento’s quality.
The moderator’s tasks are:
- To validate the relevant announcements.
- To remove the announcements that do not belong in the memento.
- To read and correct any errors that might appear in the announcement.
- To verify that the announcement is politically correct and related to EPFL.
The moderating process
Each memento is managed by different moderators, publishing the announcement in several mementos implies that several moderations will occur independently from each other.
The content of an announcement is strictly identical in all the mementos that publish it. Any correction made in one memento is therefore visible in all the other mementos.
If a memento has several moderators, the action of one moderator determines whether the announcement is displayed or rejected.
How to manage your memento’s announcements?
When someone submits an announcement for your memento, you receive a notification by email. You can directly click on accept or refuse in the email or:
- Login on memento.epfl.ch (link located on the bottom right of the page) or click on the link received in the e-mail.
- In the menu ‘My Mementos’, select ‘Moderate event announcements received’.
- Verify that you are in the correct memento (the one that contains the announcements that need to be moderated).
- Accept and refuse announcements:
The approved announcements will appear in your memento.
The rejected announcements are archived in the menu ‘My Mementos’ > ‘Event announcements deleted’, for an eventual recovery.
You can modify received announcements.
- The person who submitted the announcement will be notified of your rejection or approval.
How to recover a deleted announcement?
- Login to memento.epfl.ch
- In the “My mementos” menu, select “Deleted event announcements”
- Either you accept the announcement or you permanently delete it.