For this to be effective, users must :
Update their application on iOS, which is already available on the App Store. (https://apps.apple.com/ch/app/zoom-cloud-meetings/id546505307?l=fr).
Android, Web, MacOS and Windows versions are not affected by this issue.
Best practices for using Zoom:
- Access Zoom from the epfl.zoom.us link with authentication via Tequila on the EPFL system.
- If participants need to join the session by phone, the organizer will ensure that the invitation only reaches authorized persons.
- Furthermore, in case of discussion of confidential information and if a recording of the session is required, the organizer will ensure that it is recorded locally and not in the cloud (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Local-Recording).
- As a general rule, it is necessary to ensure that the applications used are at the latest version available. Be sure to install the proposed updates on a regular basis, on all your equipment.
- In case of recording, participants must be notified in advance.
Increased licensing and data protection:
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and the constraints of social distancing, EPFL has suddenly had to increase the use of tools allowing distance learning and the organization of virtual meetings.
The VPSI is currently negotiating a new contract to increase the number of Zoom licenses. This includes better conditions for the protection of personal data, thus complying with the Federal Data Protection Act (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). They have been fully accepted by the reseller of the solution.
Zoom brings together videoconferencing, simple online meetings, group messaging, and a teleconference room software solution into one easy-to-use platform.
- Audio and video communication with or without computer presentation
- Software client for PC / Mac, Linux, iOs and Android
- Automatic adaptation of display and bandwidth
- Integration of meeting room systems ZOOM Room
- Integration of any third-party video conferencing system
- Protocols: H323, SIP, Skype for Business, Lync, Teams
- Up to 200 connected in the virtual meeting room
- Remote file presentation
- Audio via computer or phone
- Real collaborative work on any open file
- Live annotations on the open file
- Handshake to request takeover and annotate remotely
- Central management for the moderator: mute the microphones, disconnect sites, etc.
- Individual or group text communication
- History of chats
- Several simultaneous chats
- File transfer
- One-Click Video: Turn your chat into a one-click video call
- Recurring file library to simplify transfers
- Record your meetings, videoconferences and webinar either in the ZOOM Cloud or locally on your workstation
- Broadcast to a large audience either in streaming or in VOD
- Allows distance training or presentations: product launches, product training, wishes of the president, etc.
- Management of questions / answers by chat of remote people to the moderator only during the stream
- Broadcast up to 200 participants via ZOOM
- Audio, video and computer presentation to a wide audience
- Downward dissemination of information
- Management of questions / answers by chat of remote people to the moderator only
- Online survey solution
- Broadcast the Webinar up to 500 participants via ZOOM
- Full Webinar integration into RTMP streaming via Facebook Live or
- YouTube Live to expand your audience
- Send a request to [email protected] minimum 10 days before the scheduled date
– Indicate the title of the Webinar (subject)
– Indicate the date, time, and duration
– Indicate the email @ epfl.ch of one or more Host (Host)
the Host must already have connected once to epfl.zoom.us
- Host receives connection information
- Webinar communication must be provided by the requestor and the Host. (transmission of invitations, web publication of login information and publication of records).
- If YouTube is wanted
– YouTube is under the responsibility of the applicant
– Provide assistance from your local support
– An active Gmail account
– Via the Gmail account activate the live broadcast on YouTube, 10 days ago.
– Privacy, precautions (broadcast options)
- (It is possible to obtain a report from Webinar on request at [email protected] after closing)
- 63 phone numbers worldwide
- Calls with local non-premium numbers
- Unlimited time without user fees or connection
- Up to 200 participants per telephone meeting
- Ability to manage incoming and outgoing calls
- Possibility to have direct and / or free numbers
- Prefer Chrome or Firefox to use IE or Edge.
- Prefer scheduled meetings to use your meeting room.
- Prefer local registration.
- Cloud records are automatically deleted after 30 days.
Before the meeting :
- Ask yourself the right questions (to whom, what, how)
- Define Roles (Lecturer, Replace, Chat Animator)
- Test your audio and video
- Prefer a wired network
- Prepare the content you want to share before the meeting
- Close apps that can generate pop-ups
- Ban laser pointers, use a digital pointer or the mouse
During the meeting:
- Use gallery view for group meetings
- Share your screen
- Share specific applications to control your shares
- Use “New Share” to transition from one content to another
- Position your camera at eye level – experiment with the best angles to be comfortable
- Avoid backlighting
- Use your usual gestures and mimicry
- Visual contact – Try to watch your camera as often as possible
Questions Management Answer:
- Monitor hands raised
- Questions and answers are only seen by the person who asked the question
- Cats can be public
After the meeting:
- Broadcast the video recording
- Choose the right platform, SWITCHtube is strongly recommended.
- Add a relevant title to your video
- Add Keywords (tag) to make it easier to search
- Monitor regularly and answer questions, if the option is active