Which network to choose ?
There are two ways to connect to WiFi. The first network (SSID) to choose is preferably epfl. Only those who travel frequently to other partner EDUROAM should use the eduroam SSID.
- For a better quality of service, once the profile is installed on my computer or smartphone, I no longer have to enter my username and password. My equipment will automatically connect as soon the network is detected.
- I access to internal resources of the campus, intranet.
- My network connection is secure.
Eduroam is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
Eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop.
Why use eduroam ?
- For those who travel between differents Eduroam partners such as university and do not want to reconnect each time. For example: I go from EPFL to the UNIL campus on a regular basis.
- I always want to use the same identifier and password from my institution.