To continue studying languages independently of a place in a group module, or in addition to your course, here are the schedules of the Multimedia Centre (EMA) in free access (room CE 2 347).
The Multimedia Centre (EMA) in free access is currently closed. Reopening on 2 October 2023 on the following schedule:
From 2 October to 22 December 2023 :
- Monday: 10:00 – 11:00 and 18:00 – 20:00
- Tuesday: 17:00 – 19:00
- Wednesday: 09:00 – 11:00
- Friday: 10:00 – 12:00
If you have any questions, you can write to us at [email protected].
Access to the Multimedia Centre (EMA) is reserved to people who have access to our language courses.
To continue studying languages independently, the Language Centre offers free-access to the Multimedia Centre for Personalized Learning.
You can benefit from:
- resources which have been specially designed for autonomous language learning;
- learning activities that correspond to your level and to your needs;
- resources and tools which will enable you to better manage free-access learning.
There are two ways to access the EMA:
- Remote access: use our PlurieL learning platform to connect online at any time;
- On campus: go to the EMA Centre (room CE 2 347) during the semesters, so long as it is a “free-access” period (see timetables). There is no need to register beforehand. Someone will be present to show you how the EMA works and help you find the resources you need. You will have access to learning activities which are not available online
The Multimedia Centre (EMA) is not open in the intersemester periods.
For more information on the various parts of this schema:
NATIONAL PLATFORM FOR HIGHER EDUCATION – LINGUISTIC TANDEMS
Linguistic TANDEM opens up new avenues of learning. In addition to the traditional language courses, the emphasis is on oral communication. Two speakers of different languages form a TANDEM and teach each other their respective language by meeting face-to-face or virtually (Skype, Face time, Zoom, etc.).
edu.e-tandem.ch helps you to find a language partner within your institution or at a partner university.
Don’t wait any longer: go for it!
Free offer, open to all EPFL students and employees
The Tandem Program of the Arts Faculty/EFLE is a very effective complement to the free-access periods in the Multimedia Centre.