The installation of print queues is done through
- the File Explorer
Open ‘My Computer’ (or my PC)
- Internet Explorer (not other browsers, FireFox, Chrome, …)
Fill the address field with the server’s name preceded by two backslash:
\\<server name> (usually, backslash is obtained pressing ‘Alt’ + ‘<‘)
- printEPFL1 : access to the students deserved pool.
- printEPFL2 : access to the co-workers deserved pool.
- printEPFL3 : access to the off-pool printers and plotters.
- printEPFL4 : access to the students deserved pool (PCL queues)
- printEPFL5 : access to the co-workers deserved pool (PCL queues)
Once you entered a network address, you will be asked to authenticate.
Therefore use your Active Directory account: intranet\your_username and your password
Your Active Directory password is often the same as your GASPAR password.
Double-clic on the printer/pool that you want to add (or choose “Connect” by a right-clic).
- SecurePrint-Color : to print in Color
- SecurePrint-BW : to print in Black & White
For direct queues on mono-function printers
- CM103-A3-N1 for A3 for Black&White printers which is in the room CM103
- SG0217-A3-C1 : for A3 Color printers which is in the room SG0217
(See the printers nomenclature protocol.)
New SERVERS and new print queues
available to spread the load and speed up the processing time
- PrintEPFL4 (for STUDENTS)
\\PrintEPFL4\SecurePrintPCL-Col = color print queue PCL for students on Windows
\\PrintEPFL4\SecurePrintPCL-BW = BW print queue PCL for students on Windows
- PrintEPFL5 (for staff members)
\\PrintEPFL5\SecurePrintPCL-Col: = color print queue PCL for staff member on Windows
\\PrintEPFL5\SecurePrintPCL-BW = BW print queue PCL for staff member on Windows
1. Server name
In case of an “Operation could not be completed” message, remove “.epfl.ch” from the server name.
-> Only \\PrintEPFL1 and not \\PrintEPFL1.epfl.ch
2. Authentication error
If your password is rejected, it’s sometimes necessary to precede your username by the domain
3. Search domains
You computer needs to be connected to internet (by cable or wifi) and needs to have search domains in the default network configuration “epfl.ch” et “intranet.epfl.ch”.
- Go to “Network and Sharing Center”
- Choose Internet, then “Local Area Connection” | properties
- Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)
- Advanced…”Choose “Add these DNS suffixes”
- In the “TCP / IP Domain Suffix” box, add “epfl.ch” and “intranet.epfl.ch”
- Click “Add” and then “OK”
- Restart printing
This also solves the same problem for the “SecurePrint-BW” queue