The Poseidon comittee negotiates offers that allow you to buy professional laptops from partners at attractive prices.
Poseidon computers and accessories can be ordered from the online shops above. Orders are delivered to your address, in Switzerland only. You will also find the respective payment and shipping information on each site.
Poseidon computers and accessories can be ordered from the following online shops. Orders are delivered to your address and only in Switzerland . You will also find the respective shipping information on each site.
Who can benefit
Any student or faculty member who has a valid e-mail address from one of the participating schools .
- Purchases are private . The buyer is responsible for the payment and the laptop must be for the person making the order.
- Laboratories and institutions are not allowed to acquire or assign computers from these offers to their students or staff.
- Each person is allowed a maximum of two laptop purchases per year, regardless of brands.
- By purchasing a laptop through our partners, you accept that your email address and purchase information be communicated to the Poseidon staff. Those data are kept on an EPFL server and can only be accessed by the Poseidon committee members and our partners.
- You must agree to the terms and conditions of purchase from the vendor you have chosen.
Choosing your laptop
If you would like to evaluate their size and weight, the laptops present on the PDF catalogue can be found at our helpdesk , in MA A0 393.
Certain faculties or schools maintain recommendations for choosing a laptop. You’ll find them on the following pages:
- OS: whatever, the few programming courses often have an installation tutorial for Windows
- CPU: min 4 cores
- RAM: 8 GB “enough”, 16 GB more comfortable
- Storage: 256 GB seems like a bare minimum that can quickly fill up
- Graphics card: a priori not necessary, unless large 3D applications or large machine learning planned (but in general EPFL provides clusters for the calculation…)
For professors or teaching staff
Don’t hesitate to contact us so we can adapt our advice for students based on your recommendations. We can easily conduct tests and benchmarks with the laptops available at our helpdesk.
Authorized domains list for purchases:
EPF et UNI
* your school must have signed the Poseidon charter. If you aren’t sure about that, please contact Poseidon Administration at [email protected]
For a school to become a member
For a school to become a member, read this.