|Project duration||14 weeks||Project duration||14 weeks|
|Delivery of the report to the lab||07.01.2022||Delivery of the report to the lab||10.06.2022|
|Grades to be given to the Registar’s office||14.02.2022||Grades to be given to the Registar’s office||27.06.2022|
|Duration of project: 14 weeks with 12 hours of work per week.|
|Preparation: 30 hours before start of semester.|
|Report writing and presentation: 30 hours after the end of the semester.|
|Information on the format and the content of the report is provided by the project supervisor.|
|Total workload: 228 hours of work for 8 credits.|
|As per EPFL rules, ECTS credited semester projects are not remunerated.|
Instructions for registration of the semester projects
- Visit the websites of the different laboratories listed below to find proposed projects.
- Reserve your project with the professor in charge from the date indicated by the secretary.
- Discuss your project with the professor and the assistant in charge of the project.
- If you would like to do a project in a laboratory that is not listed, please complete:
- Application form
- Please find an IC co-supervisor
- Submit the form by e-mail to Cecilia Bigler (IN) or Martine Emery (SC)
- Deadline: 31 January for a project in Spring; 31 August for a project in Autumn
- Upon authorization from the Deputy Head, you can proceed as follows:
- Register your project in IS-Academia, mentioning both supervisors in the “teacher” fields if needed, from the opening of the registrations as per Student services’ notification.
- Important: the registration in IS-Academia is the only official registration that will be considered for the semester project.