Data Science is changing our world significantly and opening the door to a multitude of possibilities. The EPFL program in data science offers you a complete training, from the foundations to implementation, from algorithms to database architecture, from information theory to machine learning. Our school delivers this master in collaboration with the Mathematics Institute and the School of Engineering (Electrical Engineering).
- Credits: 120 ECTS
- Minimum 3 semesters of courses (with an average of 30 credits per semester), maximum 6 semesters of courses to complete the master’s cycle.
- Mandatory internship in industry, for a duration of 8 weeks only during the summer, or 6 months during a semester.
- A master’s project for a duration of 18 weeks (including 1 vacation week) if completed at EPFL, or 26 weeks (including 1 vacation week) if done in the industry or in another university (30 credits).
No specializations are allowed for this master
Projects and Internships
- Welcome Day [PDF] (09.2022)
- Incoming Exchange students [PDF] (09.2021)
- Info Session: MS programs in IC [Video] (03.2023)
- Info Session: MS programs in IC [PDF] (03.2023)
- EDIC PhD Info Session: Why and how to apply [Recorded video] & slides [PDF] (11.2022)
- EPFL IC PhDs applying to PhD guide
Rules and Requirements
- Requirements for passing
- Ordinance on the Evaluation of Bachelor’s and Master’s Studies at EPFL [page only in French]
- Study plans and regulations
- Master’s Project regulations [PDF]
- Master’s Project: Procedure for incoming exchange students [PDF only in French]
- Research project regulations [PDF]
- Internship guidelines [PDF]