Data Science is changing our world drastically and opening the door to a multitude of possibilities. The EPFL program in Data Science offers you a complete training, from foundations to implementation, from algorithms to database architecture, from information theory to machine learning. Our School delivers this master in collaboration with the Mathematics Institute and the School of Engineering (Electrical Engineering).
Prerequisites – Academic year 2018-2019 :
You must hold or be completing an EPFL IC BS degree (in Computer Science or Communication Systems).
You must have validated the Data Science track during your Bachelor. If this is not the case, the courses indicated below must be done in parallel with the Master (do not count in the 120 credits):
- Functional programming – CS-210 (2nd year)
- Parallelism and concurrency – CS-206 (2nd year)
- Introduction to database systems – CS-322 (3rd year)
- Analyse IV -MATH-207b (2nd year) – not mandatory, but recommended
- Circuits and systems II – EE-205 (2nd year)
- Modèles stochastiques pour les communications – COM-300 (3rd year)
- Signal processing for communication – COM-303 (3rd year)