|Project duration||14 weeks||Project duration||14 weeks|
|Delivery of the report to the lab||07.01.2022||Delivery of the report to the lab||10.06.2022|
|Grades to be given to the Registrar’s office||14.02.2022||Grades to be given to the Registrar’s office||27.06.2022|
|Duration of project: 14 weeks with 18 hours of work per week (12 hours for the optional project).|
|Preparation: 30 hours before start of semester.|
|Report writing and presentation: 30 hours after the end of the semester.|
|Information on the format and the content of the report is provided by the project supervisor.|
|Total workload: 312 hours of work for 12 credits (228 hours for the optional project worth 8 credits).|
|As per EPFL rules, ECTS credited semester projects are not remunerated.|
Instructions for registration of the semester project (12 credits) or the optional project (8 credits)
- Visit the websites of the different laboratories listed below to find proposed projects.
- Reserve your project with the professor in charge, from the date indicated by the secretariat.
- Discuss your project with the professor and the assistant in charge of the project.
- For Cyber Security, please complete the semester project application form, and submit it by e-mail to Elise van Eijs. Once it has been signed by the Deputy Head, you can register to the project on IS-Academia, as per below procedure:
- If you would like to do a project in a laboratory that is not listed, please complete:
- Semester project for IN, SC and DS: Form
- Semester project for CYBER: Form
- Optional project for IN, SC, DS and CYBER: Form
- Please find an IC co-supervisor
- Submit the form duly completed by e-mail to Antonella Veltro (IN) / Carole Dauphin (SC/DS) / or Elise van Eijs (Cyber).
- Upon authorization from the Deputy Head, you can proceed as follows:
- Register to your project in IS-Academia from the opening of the registrations as per Registrar’s office (please mention two supervisors in the “teacher” field if needed).
- Deadline: 31 January for a project in spring, 31 August for a project in autumn.
- Important: the registration in IS-Academia is the only official registration that will be considered for the semester project or for the optional project.