|Project duration||14 weeks||Project duration||14 weeks|
|Delivery of the report to the lab||09.06.2023||Delivery of the report to the lab||05.01.2024|
|Grades to be given to the Registrar’s office||17.07.2023||Grades to be given to the Registrar’s office||12.02.2024|
|Duration of project: 14 weeks with 18 hours of work per week (12 hours for the optional research project).|
|Preparation: 30 hours before start of semester.|
|Report writing and presentation: 30 hours after the end of the semester.|
|Information on the format and the content of the report is provided by the project supervisor.|
|Total workload: 312 hours of work for 12 credits (228 hours for the optional research project worth 8 credits).|
|As per EPFL rules, ECTS credited research projects are not remunerated.|
Instructions for registration of the research projects
- Visit the websites of the various lab listed below to identify a project.
- Meet with the professor or the supervisor in charge and define the objectives and work to be accomplished. Reserve your project from the date indicated by the secretariat.
- Once everything is settled, register your project in IS-Academia following the procedure described below.
- If you would like to do a project in a lab that is not listed, please e-mail Antonella Veltro (IN), Jasmine Locatelli (CYBER) or Carole Dauphin (SC/DS), the following information:
- Name of the lab
- Name of the professor responsible for the project
- Abstract (and project link, if applicable)
- After analysis of your request, you will receive a reply by e-mail. If your request is approved, you may proceed as described below.
- Register your project in IS-Academia from the opening of the registrations by the Registrar’s office.
- Important: The registration in IS-Academia is the only official registration that will be considered for the research projects.
- Deadline: 31 January for a project in spring, 31 August for a project in autumn.
Project proposed by labs accredited by the section