A Master’s degree in Communication Systems offers future students a unique training, based on the interdependence of mathematics, physics, computer science and electrical engineering. Our research focuses mainly on developing and testing the technologies that will be used in next-generation systems and integrating them into the reality of communication systems.
- Credits: 120 ECTS
- Minimum 3 semesters of courses (with an average of 30 credits per semester), maximum 6 semesters of courses to complete the master’s cycle.
- Mandatory internship in industry, for a duration of 8 weeks only during the summer, or 6 months during a semester.
- A master’s project for a duration of 18 weeks (including 1 vacation week) if completed at EPFL, or 26 weeks (including 1 vacation week) if done in the industry or in another university (30 credits).
Projects and Internships
- Welcome Day [PDF] (09.2022)
- Incoming Exchange students [PDF] (09.2021)
- Info Session: MS programs in IC [Video] (03.2023)
- Info Session: MS programs in IC [PDF] (03.2023)
- EDIC PhD Info Session: Why and how to apply [Recorded video] & slides [PDF] (11.2022)
- EPFL IC PhDs applying to PhD guide
Rules and Requirements
- Requirements for passing
- Ordinance on the Evaluation of Bachelor’s and Master’s Studies at EPFL [page only in French]
- Study plans and regulations
- Master’s Project regulations [PDF]
- Master’s Project: Procedure for incoming exchange students [PDF only in French]
- Research project regulations [PDF]
- Internship guidelines [PDF]