The following describes the process for applying to the Eccellenza Professorial Fellowships of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) in the EPFL School of Computer and Communication Sciences.
Please note that the Eccellenza Professorial Fellowship is a fixed term (max. 5 years), non-tenure track position at EPFL. The position is subject to the EPFL restriction of 6 years of residency for employees with a CDD.
The position will carry the title Research & Teaching Associate and will be affiliated with an existing laboratory in the School.
How to apply
Eccellenza fellowship applicants looking to join the IC School must first find a professor who agrees to allow the applicant’s unit to be established in his or her laboratory and then be approved by the School’s Management Committee.
- The candidate contacts the head of a laboratory within the School and obtains the explicit support of the professor.
- The candidate submits his/her application file to the IC School’s Dean ([email protected]) including:
- publication list
- research statement
- teaching statement
- indication of references
- motivation letter
- and letter of support from lab head.
For full consideration, the candidates must send their application file no later than November 25th, 2020.
The evaluation process
- The application is discussed and evaluated by the IC School’s Management Committee and professors working in related areas (in terms of common interests in the proposed project, added value for the School, need for local resources, and any other aspects deemed important).
- Based on the results of the evaluation, and possibly an interview with the candidate, the IC School Dean communicates the decision to sponsor the candidate.
The SNSF Eccellenza Professorial Fellowships application deadline has been fixed to February 1st, 2021 (5 p.m. Swiss local time).