Optional courses of up to a maximum of 10 credits may be chosen outside the study plan. To assist you in your choice, you may consult the list of courses already approved by the IC sections.
The courses outside the study plan must be requested from the sections via the form by the beginning of the 2nd week of the semester at the latest
The courses outside the study plan can be:
- 2nd or 3rd year Bachelor courses from other EPFL sections.
- 2nd or 3rd year UNIL-HEC courses in Economics and/or Management.
Please note: there may be time conflicts between EPFL and HEC exams.
This is a risk you are taking and nothing will be done either by UNIL or EPFL to solve the situation.
If you are unable to take the HEC exam or if you fail it, you will be able to take the exam at the make-up session organised in August (also valid for the autumn semester courses).
- All 1st year courses from other sections, including programming courses.
- All courses in Master and PhD programs.
- Computer science courses from UNIL-HEC and faculties other than HEC are not permitted.
The 2nd year IC optional courses are not considered outside the study plan. You can select them in IS-Academia via “other subjects”.