To be eligible for a Master’s program in Communication Systems, candidates must either
- hold a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in communication systems, or
- hold a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in a related field such as computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, mechanical engineering or physics, with outstanding results : additional admission requirements (Bachelor’s courses) might apply, or
- hold a HES Bachelor’s degree in communication systems (from a Swiss University of Applied Sciences) with GPA 5.0: 60 credits of the HES Gateway must be acquired before the admission to the Master’s program in Communications systems is effective.
EPFL students from IC School
List of mandatory Bachelor courses for students with IN Bachelor degree:
- EE-205 Signals and Systems (2nd year)
- MATH-207d Analyse IV (2nd year)
- MATH-310 Algebra (3rd year)
- COM-300 Modèles stochastiques pour les communications (3rd year)
- COM-303 Signal processing for communications (3rd year)
- COM-302 Principles of digital communications (3rd year)
If the students did not study these subjects during their Bachelor, they must imperatively take them during the 1st year of their Master.
Principles of Admission
Admission decisions are based on the Bachelor’s degree program, your grades, the motivation letter, the reference letters, the academic reputation and other elements.
Excellent Bachelor-level grades are expected.
To apply, your GRE test results are not required, but they are highly recommended.
The program is taught entirely in English. Therefore, excellent English skills (B2 level minimum, corresponding to one of the following certificates) are required to follow the Master’s program in Communication Systems:
- TOEIC with 785-940 pts
- TOEFL (Internet test) with 87-109 pts
- TOEFL (paper based test) with 567-633 pts
- IELTS with 5.0-6.0 pts
- FCE First certificate in English