To be eligible for a Master’s program in Computer Science, candidates must either
- hold a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in computer science, or
- hold a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in a related field such as communication systems, electrical engineering, mathematics, mechanical engineering or physics, with outstanding results : additional admission requirements (Bachelor’s courses) might apply, or
- hold a HES Bachelor’s degree in computer science (from a Swiss University of Applied Sciences) with GPA 5.0: 60 credits of the HES Gateway must be acquired before the admission to the Master’s program in Computer science is effective.
EPFL students from IC School
List of mandatory Bachelor courses for students with SC Bachelor degree:
- CS-210 Functional programming (2nd year)
- CS-206 Parallelism and concurrency (2nd year)
- CS-209 Computer architecture II (2nd year)
- CS-322 Introduction to database systems (3rd year)
- CS-323 Introduction to operating systems (3rd year)
- CS-305 Software engineering (3rd year)
- CS-306 Software development project (3rd year)
If the students did not study these subjects during their Bachelor, they must imperatively take them during the 1st year of their Master.
Principles of Admission
Admission decisions are based on the Bachelor’s degree program, your grades, the motivation letter, the reference letters, the academic reputation and other elements.
Excellent Bachelor-level grades are expected.
To apply, your GRE test results are not required, but they are highly recommended.
The program is taught entirely in English. Therefore, excellent English skills (B2 level minimum, corresponding to one of the following certificates) are required to follow the Master’s program in Computer science:
- TOEIC with 785-940 pts
- TOEFL (Internet test) with 87-109 pts
- TOEFL (paper based test) with 567-633 pts
- IELTS with 5.0-6.0 pts
- FCE First certificate in English