As a spouse of a new EPFL faculty member, the following entities may interest you and help you discover the EPFL/Lausanne area and develop your professional and non-professional network (please contact Nathalie Boder if you wish to register to any proposed event):
- French Courses for Spouses (Centre de langues of EPFL). Spouses are welcome to take part in the French courses of the EPFL Centre de langues (for a fee); more info here.
- ACIDE (Association du corps intermédiaire de l’EPFL). Welcome to International Spouses of ACIDE, a group of volunteers for and by international spouses and partners of PhD students and scientists at EPFL.ACIDE also provides French courses for international spouses and post-docs.
- CVCI (Chambre vaudoise du commerce et de l’industrie). For spouses of international employees, facilitating the integration into the local economy, providing a platform for sharing experiences and best practices – free of charge for EPFL faculty spouses (please specify): Welcome Days and Reloc Coffees.
- IWC (International Women’s Club). Lausanne’s English-speaking women’s club.
- IDCN (International Dual Career Network). A non-profit association formed through the collaboration of companies, NGOs and academic institutions with the purpose of facilitating the job search for mobile employees’ partners, and providing member companies access to a turnkey pool of talent.