Atomic Force Microscopy
There are two AFMs available in the MHMC platform; a Cypher VRS, located in MXG 923, and a NanoScope IIIa microscope, located in MXG 922.
If you want to use them, please contact Philippe Charpilloz for a training.
Multimode AFM, Nanoscope IIIa:
- Lateral range of scanning area: ~110μm x 110μm x 10μm (depending on the scanner)
- Maximum sample size: 15mm diameter, 5mm thickness
- Resolution:μm to Angstrom
- Liquid cell: experiments can be carried out in water, solvents and buffers
- Temperature range = -35°C – 250°C
Cypher VRS, Oxford Instrument
- Lateral range of scanning area: ~30μm x 30μm
- Maximum sample size: 50mm x 50mm x 20mm
- Resolution: μm to Angstrom
- Photo-thermal (Blue drive) excitation
- Liquid cell
- Heating/cooling stage