Our MoFlo Astrios EQ is a 4-laser cell sorter that can measure at the same time up to 17 fluorescence parameters and 4 light scatter parameters (2 side scatter detectors and 2 forward scatter detectors, all of them being photomultipliers, are available on the EQ update). In addition to being placed in a hood, this instrument has an aerosol containment system.
The MoFlo Astrios EQ is located in access-restricted room AI 0137, which is a BSL-2 environment.
- Jet-in-air system
- Temperature regulation for sample and collection vessels (4°C, 37°C, RT, etc.)
- Available nozzle sizes: 70um, 100um
- Up to 6 populations can be sorted at the same time (only available for 5mL, 2mL or 1.5mL tubes)
- Various collection vessels can be used:
- 5mL, 2mL, 1.5mL tubes (6-way sort possible)
- 15mL tubes (2-way sort)
- 50mL tubes (2-way sort)
- 384w, 96w, 48w, 24w,12w, 6w plates (1-way sort)
- PCR tubes/strips/plates (1-way sort)
- Sort setup modes: Purity, Single Cell (cloning), Enrichment
- BSL-2 samples can be sorted