The EPFL Student Foundation (FEE) was created in 2002 with funds from the EPFL Social Foundation. The FEE’s aim is to provide financial and other types of assistance to EPFL students to ensure they get the most out of their studies. More specifically, the FEE:
- provides grants, assistance with student housing and healthcare, and similar types of financial aid, to students who have been approved by the EPFL Social Committee
- supports initiatives designed to benefit the entire EPFL student body
- carries out fundraising efforts to finance its various programs
The FEE’s bylaws (in French only) can be downloaded here.
How the FEE funds its programs
The FEE is financed mainly through donations and income on its assets. Donors include the current EPFL president and his predecessor, the Les Estudiantines student housing complex (which makes regular donations to thank the FEE for financing all the furniture in its residence buildings last year) and the Forum EPFL association, which donates a portion of its earnings every year.
The FEE is governed by a board of at least four members, including:
- the director of Educational Affairs
- the secretary general
- an EPFL professor
- one or two student representatives .
Terms and conditions for receiving financial aid
Students wishing to receive financial aid must submit an application to the Student Affairs department, which is in charge of awarding grants and other types of financial assistance to students in need. The Student Affairs department is also responsible for processing FEE aid applications. Contact the Student Services Desk for more information or to schedule an appointment.
The ordinance on grants and loans awarded by Switzerland’s federal institutes of technology can be viewed here (in French, German and Italian).