Do you feel depressed, anxious? Do you have problems related to your studies or finances or other kinds of personal problems? Are you in need of accommodations for your studies? Are you facing difficulties and need someone neutral to talk to?
- coping with stress
- lack of motivation
- anxiety, discouragement, sadness, insomnia
- depression, apathy, hurt, despair
- tension or nervosity
- mood swings
- struggling to concentrate
- decreasing academic performance
- feelings of confusion
- food disorders, bulimia, anorexia
- redirection in case of sexual health issues
- existential questions
- interpersonal and relationship problems related to sentimental, family or social life
- feelings of loneliness and isolation, integration problems
- worries regarding the use of alcohol or other substances
- concern for close friends or family
- financial issues
The social consultation offers advice, support and coaching to students and PhD students. Our social workers are available for confidential and free individual counselling. If needed, the social workers can refer students and PhD students to the Psychotherapeutic consultation. To make an appointment please contact the Student Desk.
Some of the information is also available on our website.
- Prepare yourself for EPFL
- How to deal with culture shock
- Immigration formalities
- Stress management
- Financing your studies
- Students with childrens
- Manage your time
- Get organized
- Don’t procrastinate
- Eat right
- Be considerate of your roommates
- Stay in touch with your parents
- Manage your budget
- Exam preparation
- Solution following failure
- Harassment situations
Students and PhD wishing to have temporary medical support or advice can arrange a psychiatric and psychotherapeutic consultation on EPFL campus.
Whom to contact?
If you have any doubt about the type of support you would need, do not hesitate to ask for an initial interview with the Social consultation.To make an appointment please contact the Student Desk.