Welcome to EPFL !
To get your Bachelor studies off to a great start at EPFL, it is important to read the following information and respect the main academic deadlines.
Updates can be made by the new term, which is why we recommend you consult this page regularly.
For any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Important dates for the 2018 term
Put all the chances on your side with the tests and tools at your disposal:
– Level test in mathematics and book “Savoir-faire en mathématiques”
– Online preparatory course in mathematics
– Test and advices about your learning methods
– Information about the administrativ procedures
Students holding a Swiss-German or Swiss-Italian maturity have the possibility to apply to intensive French courses.
Registration from 1st June to 9 July 2018.
Registration 2018-2019 with swiss diploma
The Registration process will be done by postal mail.
Registration 2018-2019 foreign diploma
It is compulsory to go to the Registar’s office one of the 4 days mentioned.
Open from 9:00 to 13:00
Opportunity to meet other students while participating in sports activities, visits etc…
A specific programme to familiarize yourself with EPFL teaching.
Make acquaintance with your future teachers and your studies environment.
Your presence is compulsory.
Opportunity to meet “coaches” of your section and make acquaintance with your colleagues.
“Lundi du Jeûne Fédéral”
Beginning of courses
Consult your timetable online.
Your first academic obligations
- At the beginning of each semester, you are required to validate your personal and academic data on IS-ACADEMIA using the “Academical registration form” (FRAC) tab.
- Once you have validated your personal data and we have received your payment for the semester fees, your enrolment certificate (pdf) will be available on IS-ACADEMIA.
- After validating the FRAC form, you will be able to register to courses from August (deadline for the autumn semester: 28th September 2018) on IS-ACADEMIA.
- English evaluation: you will be asked to evaluate your level of English at the beginning of the new term. Registration from 03.09.18 to 03.10.18 on IS-ACADEMIA.
- During the summer and only when your registration will be confirmed, you will receive by email the information regarding your secured access (username and Gaspar password) which will enable you to access the secured pages used in our school.
- You can access your student email box on the following page ewa.epfl.ch. You have the possibility to transfer your messages on another email address. Please consult the directives concerning use of IT resouces.
- All important information and academic reminders will be communicated by email.
- You will receive by post or when you come to registration your student card called CAMIPRO card. This card must be updated every semester in a CAMIPRO terminal. In addition, the card enables you to benefit of several services and advantages.
- The academic calendar enables you to note important dates of the academic year. We recommend that you respect the deadlines to avoid any administrative fees that will be charged if you don’t respect them.
- Rules, study plans and course books are available by section.
- You will find legal documents which regulate studies at EPFL on the Polylex portal.
- The brochure “Welcome to EPFL” groups the useful information for the beginning of your studies.
The EPFL student desk is the main contact point for all academic queries
+41 21 693 43 45
BP 1229 (bâtiment BP)
CH – 1015 Lausanne