Welcome to EPFL!
To get your CMS studies off to a great start at EPFL, it is important to read the following information and respect the main academic deadlines.
Updates can be made by the new term, which is why we recommend you consult this page regularly.
For any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Important dates for the 2018 term
– Information about the administrativ procedures
Students holding a Swiss-German or Swiss-Italian professional maturity and residents have the possibility to apply to intensive French courses.
Registration from 1st June to 9 July 2018.
Registration 2018-2019 with swiss diploma
The Registration process will be done by postal mail.
It is compulsory to go to the Registar’s office one of the 4 days mentioned.
Open from 9:00 to 13:00
Opportunity to meet other students while participating in sports activities, visits etc…
Make acquaintance with your future teachers and your studies environment.
Your presence is compulsory.
Opportunity to meet “coaches” of your section and make acquaintance with your colleagues.
“Lundi du Jeûne Fédéral”
Beginning of courses
Meeting point at 8:15 in the hall of the BS building
Consult your timetable online.
Your first academic obligations
- At the beginning of each semester, you are required to validate your personal and academic data on IS-ACADEMIA using the “Academical registration form” (FRAC) tab. Deadline for the autumn semester: 28th September 2018.
- Once you have validated your personal data and we have received your payment for the semester fees, your enrolment certificate (pdf) will be available onIS-ACADEMIA.
- Registration to courses will be done directly by the CMS secretariat.
- During the summer and only once your registration has been confirmed, you will receive the information regarding your secured access codes (Gaspar username and password) by email. These will enable you to access the secured platforms used in our school.
- You can access your student email box on the following page ewa.epfl.ch. You have the possibility to transfer your messages to another email address. Please read the directives concerning the use of IT resources.
- All important information and academic reminders will be communicated by email.
- You will receive your student card called CAMIPRO card by post or when you come to registration. This card must be updated every semester in a CAMIPRO terminal. In addition, the card enables you to benefit from various services and advantages.
- The academic calendar and the CMS agenda enable you to consult all of the important dates of the academic year. We recommend that you respect the deadlines to avoid any administrative fees that will be charged if you don’t respect them.
- Rules, study plans and course books are available by section.
- You will find the legal documents which regulate studies at EPFL on the Polylex portal.
- The brochure “Welcome to EPFL“groups the useful information for the beginning of your studies.