Welcome to EPFL !
To get your Master studies off to a great start at EPFL, it is important to read the following information and respect the main academic deadlines.
Updates can be made by the new term, which is why we recommend you consult this page regularly.
For any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree from a Swiss ETH/EPF, University, or FHS/HES must bring us their original Bachelor’s transcripts during registration days (see dates below).
All other candidates must ask their school to send us, in a sealed envelope, to the address on the right, certified copies of all their Bachelor’s transcripts, as soon as they complete their Bachelor’s program.
During registration days (see dates below), you will need to bring an ID card or passport, the originals of your official Bachelor transcripts as well as your original Bachelor’s diploma (along with certified translations of your diploma and transcripts if they are not in English, French, German or Italian).
Important dates for the 2019 term
– Information about the administrativ procedures
Registration from 1st June to 9 July 2018.
A specific programme to welcome new Master students from EPFL.
It is compulsory to go to the Registar’s office one of these 2 days.
Open from 9:00 to 13:00
Make acquaintance with your future teachers and your studies environment.
Your presence is compulsory.
“Lundi du Jeûne Fédéral”
Beginning of courses
Check your timetable online.
Your first academic obligations
- At the beginning of each semester, you are required to validate your personal and academic data on IS-ACADEMIA using the “Academical registration form” (FRAC) tab.
- Once you have validated your personal data and we have received your payment for the semester fees, your enrolment certificate (pdf) will be available on IS-ACADEMIA.
- After validating the FRAC form, you will be able to register for courses (deadline for the autumn semester: 27th September 2019) on IS-ACADEMIA.
- From June onwards and only once your registration has been confirmed, you will receive the information regarding your secured access (Gaspar username and password) by email, which will enable you to access the secured platforms used in our school.
- You can access your student EPFL email box on the following page ewa.epfl.ch. You have the possibility to transfer your messages to another email address. Please consult the directives concerning the use of IT resources.
- All important information and academic reminders will be communicated by email.
- You will receive your student card called CAMIPRO card by post or when you come to registration. This card must be updated every semester in a CAMIPRO terminal. In addition, the card enables you to benefit from various services and advantages.
- The academic calendar enables you to consult all of the important dates of the academic year. We recommend that you respect the deadlines to avoid any administrative fees that will be charged if you don’t respect them.
- Rules, study plans and course books are available by section.
- You will find the legal documents which regulate studies at EPFL on the Polylex portal.
- The brochure “Welcome to EPFL” groups the useful information for the beginning of your studies.
The EPFL student desk is the main contact point for all academic queries
+41 21 693 43 45
BP 1229 (bâtiment BP)
CH – 1015 Lausanne