Date: Wednesday the 4th and Thursday the 5th of September, 2024
Schedule: between 9 AM and 1 PM, based on your registration
Unfolding : please read carefully the information about how matriculation unfolds
Document to bring with you:
- identification (identity card or passport)
Document(s) to be submitted in advance (according to the guidelines below, to be read carefully) :
- complete final Bachelor’s (or equivalent) transcript
- required certificates (if applicable)
- certified translations of the documents which aren’t in French, English, German, or Italian
To be allowed to matriculate, you must have previously provided us with your complete final Bachelor’s (or equivalent) transcript. If the transcript does not explicitly attest that you have been awarded the Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree, a supplementary document attesting this must also be provided (e.g., diploma, diploma supplement, or certificate). Applicants accepted for successfully completing a year of studies rather than being awarded a degree must provide a certificate of successful completion for that year of studies and a complete intermediate transcript.
It is imperative that these documents can be authenticated online by means of a secure platform or include a qualified e-signature (not to be confused with a digitized hand signature). They must be sent to us at the email address [email protected] as soon as possible and before matriculation (this email address must not be used for other purposes). Matriculation is not possible before EPFL has confirmed to you the receipt and authentication of the documents.
Please take into account the following exceptions:
- For applicants who studied for their Bachelor’s degree at ETH Zürich or in another Swiss university or FHS/HES and were accepted on the condition of an average grade of 4,50 or 5,00 or above, a supplementary document attesting this average grade must also be provided (e.g., diploma, diploma supplement, or certificate) unless the average grade is on the transcript itself.
- For applicants from these Swiss schools who are unable to provide the required documents in electronic form with online authentication and/or e-signature, the original documents must be brought in person for matriculation days.
- Other applicants who are unable to provide the required documents in electronic form with online authentication and/or e-signature must ask their school to send us certified copies, in a sealed envelope, to the following address: EPFL, Registrar’s Office, BP building, Station 16, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland. If applicable, certification and shipping costs must be paid for entirely by the applicant. Matriculation is not possible before EPFL has confirmed to you the receipt of the documents sent by your school.
Please also refer to your acceptance letter for possible specific requirements.
No matriculation can take place without these documents!