EPFL provides specific arrangements for lectures and/or exams for students and PhD students who must handle:
- a physical disability (reduced mobility, impaired vision or hearing, etc.)
- a chronic and/or autoimmune disease
- mental disorder/illness (depression, bipolarity, schizophrenia, etc.)
- learning disabilities / language and/or movement disorders (dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysorthographia, dyspraxia, etc.)
- autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- attention-deficit and/or hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- other disorders (case by case study)
- Students must choose and fill in the appropriate application form (student or PhD).
- a medical report
- recent assessments (less than 2 years) of specialists (speech therapists, etc.)
- decisions from educational institutions previously attended (if provided)
- Send the above form + documents to [email protected] (deadlines below).
Only complete requests (with all the requested documents) will be processed.
Collecting all the necessary documents can take some time, students should create their application folder well in advance.
A request may be submitted at any time, even before the start of studies.
- For automn semester 2022-2023, deadlines are:
- September 26, 2022 (for midterms)
- November 14, 2022 (for exam session)
- In the case of an accident, sudden chronic illness or sudden incapacity reducing the ability to take the exams, temporary arrangement can be arranged where possible. The request must be submitted by email with the form, together with a medical certificate justifying and detailing the requested accommodation, minimum 3 working days before the exam.
Twice a semester, an EPFL Commission examines the arrangement requests and sends its decisions to students about fifteen days after the submission deadline.
Students needs to confirm they accept the arrangement decided by the Commission.
Once confirmed, the arrangement:
- is communicated to the teaching staff by the SAE (students are however responsible for contacting their teachers for the practical implementation of the arrangement).
- is valid for the entire current curriculum (except in special cases or for temporary arrangements for which an annual reassessment is necessary).
Support measures involving costs may be charged to the students.
Students should present their claim for reimbursement to the invalidity insurance (for Swiss students) or other relevant authorities (for international students).