Welcome days for new students
Participation is compulsory for all new students!
Due to the present pandemic and to comply with the health and sanitation measures issued by the Federal Office of Public Health, students will have to come in person to some welcome events, while other welcome events will only be held online (please refer to the detailed information below).
10 September 2020 – From 16:00 to 16:40 – online and live
For CMS (Preparatory year), Bachelor, HES pathway, Exchange, Master students
By EPFL Presidency
Online and live
Link active on 10 September 2020 at 16:00 : go.epfl.ch/Welcome2020
11 September 2020 on campus
Sections’ welcome events
All sections invite all students to come on campus to provide some information concerning their new curriculum:
- Preparatory year (CMS)
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental sciences and engineering
- Chemistry and chemical engineering
- Physics/Nuclear engineering
- Mathematics and mathematical sciences / Computational science and engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Material science and engineering
- Computer science and cyber security
- Communication systems and data science
- Digital humanities
- Life sciences engineering
- Management of technology and entrepreneurship
- Financial Engineering
Due to the health situation related to COVID-19, face masks are mandatory throughout the day of 11 September 2020 (on campus, during presentations in the auditoriums, guided tours, etc.). In fact, social distancing cannot be guaranteed. Please take your own mask.
For more information about the protective measures implemented at EPFL, please consult this page.
Services, information, support… a toolkit to start studying without worries and receive assistance while at EPFL!