Third party liability insurance

This insurance will cover you or a family member in case of physical injury or material damage caused to a third party.

The third party liability insurance is compulsory in Switzerland if :

  • you want to rent an accomodation
  • you ride a bicycle

Even if these situations don’t apply to you, this insurance is highly recommended and worth it: it is inexpensive and will cover you up to several million Swiss francs. A third-party claim filed against you can quickly involve large sums of money when physical injuries or material damages are involved.

  • This insurance is generally taken out together with the household insurance.
  • If you live with your parents their third part liability will cover you. Therefore you do not need to take such an insurance separately.
  • Such a contract can be cancelled in writing by giving 3 months’ notice before the end date.