CYD Master Thesis Fellowships will provide a living allowance and research and conference funds for six months, enabling fellows to complete a Master thesis at the CYD Campus under the supervision of a professor at a higher education institution in Switzerland.
CYD Master Thesis Fellowships are open to researchers at master level who are willing to engage with cross-cutting issues in cyber-defence, with a particular emphasis on:
- Novel technologies for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of cyber and cyber-physical systems
- Privacy-enhancing technologies
- Data science and artificial intelligence methods for analysing cyber- and technology-relevant data
- Research on vulnerabilities and backdoors in digital systems
- Citizens of any nationality can apply
- No age restrictions apply
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Master program at a higher education institution in Switzerland and seek the endorsement of a professor employed in this institution and of a CYD Campus researcher willing to supervise them.
- CYD Master Thesis Fellowships are aimed at new talents, and hence applicants are only eligible to apply if they do not already hold or have not already held an equivalent position in the same field in a higher education institution in Switzerland or abroad.
Eligible costs include and are limited to:
- Living allowance equal to CHF 2’000.- per month for a maximum duration of 6 months.
- Reseach costs: A maximum amount of CHF 1’500.- can be granted for research costs.
- Conference costs: A maximum amount of CHF 3’000.- can be granted for conference costs.
These amounts apply for the whole duration of the fellowship (6 months).
The submission deadline is on 30 March 2020 (17:00 CET).
Decisions will be announced by the end of May 2020.