The Rodolphe and Renée Haenny Foundation was created in 2001 with the objective of supporting research in the field of metallurgy and the material sciences, areas of great importance for technology and society. The R. & R. Haenny Foundation is associated with the Société Académique Vaudoise (SAV).
The prize value is CHF 10,000.-. It is generally awarded each year provided that the jury can find a suitable candidate. The prize is awarded at a major event at UNIL or EPFL, depending on the affiliation of the winner.
The nominations will be evaluated by an ad hoc jury chaired by the foundation president, who will select jury members from within the Vaudoise Academic Society. In addition to the president, the jury includes a member the foundation board and a professor from the EPFL Materials Institute.
The R. & R. Haenny Prize aims to reward a researcher for:
(1) his/her important contribution to the teaching/training in science and engineering of materials in Switzerland, or
(2) his/her innovative and high level research in material sciences, containing a fundamental and interdisciplinary component.
The price is open to anyone employed at UNIL or EPFL at the time of filing the application, and the research should be performed at the EPFL or UNIL.
The application file (pdf) has to be sent by email by the candidate or the professor:
- A curriculum vitae
- A list of scientific publications
- The candidate's three most important publications
- A supporting letter, written by the professor or principal investigator of the unit in which the candidate is enrolled; this letter must include a detailed justification for the nomination.
Candidates can be nominated by EPFL or UNIL professors or they can apply, no later than February 28 of the year in which the prize is awarded, directly to:Société Académique Vaudoise
Av. de Montbenon 1
Case postale 7490