This page provides some information about COVID certificates and a number of useful links.
- COVID-19 certificates issued in Switzerland
- COVID-19 certificates issued by an EU or Schengen area country
COVID certificates issued by any other country are not currently recognized in Switzerland (see Annex 5 of the COVID-19 Certificates Ordinance).
Please refer to the section “How do I obtain a COVID certificate in Switzerland?”
If you were vaccinated in another country, please refer to the section “I was vaccinated in another country.”
If you do not have a Swiss or EU digital COVID certificate, you can under certain conditions and on request apply for a Swiss COVID certificate after being vaccinated abroad:
- People living in the Canton de Vaud, please follow the guidelines given by the Canton under the question “Recevrai-je un certificat COVID après une vaccination à l’étranger ?” on FAQ of the Canton de Vaud (French only)
- People living in another Canton, please follow the guidelines given by your Canton
- More information on FAQ of Swiss governement
Here is an overview of COVID certificates in Switzerland:
|Vaccinated in Switzerland||Your COVID certificate is recognized by Switzerland.|
|Vaccinated in an EU or Schengen area country||Your COVID certificate is recognized by Switzerland.|
|Vaccinated outside the EU and Schengen area with a vaccine recognized by CH, EU or WHO||You can request a Swiss COVID certificate (see above).|
|Vaccinated outside the EU and Schengen area with a vaccine not recognized by CH, EU or WHO||There are other ways to get a COVID certificate.|
|Not vaccinated||There are other ways to get a COVID certificate.|
If you were vaccinated outside the EU and Schengen Area, we advise you to go to EPFL’s vaccination center. The staff there will evaluate your vaccination status.
- You need to download the COVID Certificate Check app to your phone.
- Scan the person’s QR code with this app, which will check whether the COVID certificate is valid.
- Then compare the name and date of birth on the certificate with a photo ID (passport, identity card, Camipro card, etc.).
Keep in mind that COVID certificates issued by an EU or Schengen Area country are also valid in Switzerland. If you have problems checking a European QR code, try for example using the French app “TousAntiCovid Verif.”