What is the procedural follow of an internship?
Tasks of the person in charge in EPFL
- The person in charge in EPFL needs to learn about the content of the student’s internship offer, or in a different case, discuss it with him.
- He formally accepts the internship offer by signing the “ internship agreement “.
- He defines with the student the content of his internship report and its form.
- During the internship, he can intervene in case of problem reported by the company or the student on his internship.
- At the end of internship, the person in charge in EPFL will proceed to evaluate the internship based on the internship report, online evaluations done by the student on the company and by the person in charge in the company on the student, and eventually by interviewing the student.
Deadline for internship’s evaluation
The deadline for receiving evaluations done by the student and by the person in charge in the company is 12 weeks after the end of the internship.
The person in charge in EPFL can validate the internship upon notification of the receipt of these evaluations, but no later than the end of the current semester.
Validation of the internship
If all the criterias needed to validate the internship are met, the person in charge in EPFL will notify the success online on IS-Academia.
If all the criterias to validate are not met, especially the minimal length, or if the evaluation of the student during his internship are not sufficient, the person in charge in EPFL will not validate the internship.
Reminder : The engineering internships in Civil Engineering are subject to an internal directive of the section.