Simulation Neuroscience Division
|Emmanuelle Logette is a scientific collaborator and post-doctoral fellow in the Membrane Systems group in the Simulation Neuroscience Division.
Ion Channels are membrane proteins that are master regulators of the electrical behavior of neurons. In the Membrane Systems section, the goal is to characterize ion channels kinetics in standardized and controlled conditions to provide comprehensive and consistent dataset of experiments to build realistic models of the diversity of electrical behaviors in neurons.
As a molecular biologist, Emmanuelle has studied genes regulation in many different fields: apoptosis and oncogenesis during her PhD, then UV response and inflammation during her first post-doctoral position, before moving to neuroscience in the Laboratory of Neural Microcircuitry. She also worked part time as a Biologist on genetic risk predisposition in a start-up company (Gene Predictis.SA, Lausanne) for three years.
Emmanuelle has a PhD in Molecular Biology from the University of Burgundy, France. She gained her Masters in Cellular and Molecular Biology from the University René Descartes, Paris, France.
In her free time, Emmanuelle enjoys reading, running and taking part in triathlons.
She is an active member of a patient organisation for a rare genetic disease “Association Française Sclérose Tubéreuse de Bourneville (ASTB)”
– McDaid A, Logette E, Buchillier V, Muriset M, Suchon P, Pache TD, Tanackovic G, Kutalik Z, Michaud J. Risk prediction of developing venous thrombosis in combined oral contraceptive users. PLoS One. 2017 Jul 27;12(7):e0182041.
– Logette E, Schuepbach-Mallepell S, Eckert MJ, Leo XH, Jaccard B, Manzl C, Tardivel A, Villunger A, Quadroni M, Gaide O, Tschopp J. PIDD orchestrates translesion DNA synthesis in response to UV irradiation. Cell Death Differ. 2011 Jun;18(6):1036-45. doi: 10.1038/cdd.2011.19. Epub 2011 Mar 18.
– Park HH, Logette E, Raunser S, Cuenin S, Walz T, Tschopp J, Wu H. Death domain assembly mechanism revealed by crystal structure of the oligomeric PIDDosome core complex. Cell. 2007 Feb 9;128(3):533-46.
– Logette E, Le Jossic-Corcos C, Masson D, Solier S, Sequeira-Legrand A, Dugail I, Lemaire-Ewing S, Desoche L, Solary E, Corcos L. Caspase-2, a novel lipid sensor under the control of sterol regulatory element binding protein 2. Mol Cell Biol. 2005 Nov;25(21):9621-31.
– Logette E, Wotawa A, Solier S, Desoche L, Solary E, Corcos L. The human caspase-2 gene: alternative promoters, pre-mRNA splicing and AUG usage direct isoform-specific expression. Oncogene. 2003 Feb 13;22(6):935-46.