Diversity and Inclusivity Resources at EPFL
Get to know the specific arrangements for lectures and/or exams at EPFL for students and PhD students with disabilities.
Learn what inclusive language is, why it’s important, and how you can use it to effectively improve your academic and personal communication skills.
All students and employees at EPFL have the responsibility to maintain a safe and respectful environment. Learn about the rules, codes of conduct, and regulations that make EPFL a safe and supportive workplace.
If you are subjected to aggressive or threatening behavior (related to issues of personal safety), call +41 21 693 30 00 (or 115 from an EPFL land line).
If you’re experiencing discrimination, mobbing, harassment or anything else, talk about it as soon as possible and learn here how to find help.
At EPFL the procedure for resolving a case of psychological or sexual harassment can involve either an informal resolution or a formal complaint. Learn about the process here.
Other Resources at EPFL/ETH
- Equal Opportunities Office – EPFL
- Open faculty positions at EPFL and faculty recruitment procedures
- Strategy 2017-2010 for Gender Balance and Equal Opportunities for Women and Men in the ETH Domain
- Club femmes EPFL Alumni
- Fondation accueil de la petite enfance
- Open faculty positions at EPFL
- The NEWS channel of the Equal Opportunities office – EPFL
- EPFL WISH Foundation
- The Women Professors Forum at ETH
- UNINE Relève Académique – An initiative of the Equal Opportunity Offices from the Universities of French-speaking Switzerland.
- Carriere2.ch Dual academic careers Carriere2 aims to help dual-career couples in their integration within the Latin Swiss universities.
- The Réseau romand de mentoring pour femmes, a joint project of the Offices for Gender Equality of the universities of Fribourg, Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchâtel, the USI and the EPFL.
- Fix the leaky pipeline : a support program for women in their scientific careers.
- The Swiss Association of Women Engineers (Schweizerische Vereinigung der Ingenieurinnen, SVIN)
- For Women in Science: sign the L’Oréal-Unesco petition here.
- Read about the story and activity of women geoscientists on this web site.
- Society of Women Engineers website
- The European Platform of Women Scientists
- The INTEGER project (Institutional Transformation for Effecting Gender Equality in Research – EC funded) to improve the position and progression of women researchers through the implementation of gender action plans
- LERU (League of European Research Universities) gender conference 2018 devoted to explore implicit bias in academia
- Read the LERU report on implicit bias in academia (Jan 2018)