In 2002, EPFL created a new and original School of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering, ENAC.
This year 2022 will be the occasion to celebrate the 20 years of ENAC, during a day rich in events on:
Friday 2 September 2022, from 9:00 to 18:00.
Please save this date to spend the day with the whole ENAC community and special guests, in a festive spirit on EPFL Campus.
Keynotes and roundtable discussions
Three renowned experts will present keynote lectures dealing with acting on climate change, digitalization of cities and urbanization:
- Peter Messerli, Director of the Wyss Academy for Nature at University of Bern.
- Gesa Ziemer, Director of the City Science Lab; HafenCity University Hamburg; Academic Lead United Nations Accelerator for Cities, UNITAC.
- Mimi Sheller, Dean of the Global School at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Each keynote lecture will be followed by a roundtable discussion with ENAC professors and students as well as other invited panelists.
In a fourth roundtable, all former Deans of ENAC School from the past 20 years will discuss their visions about the future of ENAC education in the light of future sustainability challenges.
How will ENAC contribute to sustainability in the built and natural environment in terms of research, education and innovation? Visit our exhibitions orientated towards the future.
- Research: Discover how ENAC scientists envision their research topics to contribute to sustainability.
- Innovation: Explore ENAC’s technological advances and recent innovative, sustainable and open solutions.
- Education: Learn how ENAC’s educational program will promote the development of the knowledge, skills and understanding required to create a sustainable world.
The event will close with festive activities and music – to be discovered on September 2nd !